Monday, April 28, 2008

GOD IS GOOD!

We finally have some good news to share - it is REALLY good news. Brace yourself!!

The last-ditch effort in Russia has been successful! On Friday we were told that we will be invited to travel in May to meet a baby boy. He is 10 months old right now!! In fact, we were told to plan to leave on May 9! We will provide you more details as we finalize the trip, but for now just REJOICE with us!!!

However, this is Russian adoption, so there has already been one glitch - one form that needs updating - so we may be delayed by a week or so if we're not able to get it in time (yes, it's from the old home study agency - argh!). Please pray for that to work out easily this week. I have sent them a pleading email and will call tomorrow :) Please also pray for all the documents to work out that we need to bring with us.

We will post all kinds of details soon. Thanks for your prayers! God is faithful and he is opening a door for us!

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

11 comments:

Dede said...

Congrats on your travel dates! I'll be sending good vibes your way on the paperwork problems.

All About the B's said...

That is wonderful news. We are simply thrilled for you both. Keep us posted and we will keep you in our thoughts.

Miracle Balsitis said...

I am rejoicing indeed! I will pray that you are able to get the form in time without delay. A boy, how wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!

- Karen P

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! We are so excited for you. May he grant that all will go smoothly.
Dianne and Duane Zandstra

Kate said...

Oh my I just cannot believe it. I am SO unbelievably excited for you! And he and Jesse will be so close in age :) I pray your trip will be seamless!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane & Marie said...

How wonderful. Congrats! I hope there are no paperwork glitches so you can meet him very soon.

Sara Joy said...

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! I'm praying!!

The EnrĂ­quez-Zandstra family said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear your good news. My prayers are with you as you wait for the paperwork to go through.

But for now, I think it's worth repeating: YAY! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you guys, what wonderful news! Praise God!