Friday, May 30, 2008

can't keep these all to myself...

I said that we were reserving some photos to keep the blog going during our wait. Well, the wait has turned out to be short! So I'd better get posting.

Today's posts focus on Meredith Nadia's strong interest in the new bear that we brought for her.






In this one, it almost looks like she is looking at me. But no, it is the bear!



Today I went with my friend Holli to meet a mom in town who knows lots about baby slings. We will need to work extra hard at bonding well with Meredith (since we're about a year late in her little life!) and so we are planning to keep her very close as much as possible. Hopefully when she's (literally) attached to my body in a baby sling, we can work on eye contact, and then she will eventually become more "attached" in the bonding sense. It may take a while so please don't feel bad if you don't get to hold her right away -- we will want to make sure she understands who her parents are (and that we are specific people who are particularly important for her!) before passing her around.

Leaving in 9 days!!!!! I'd better get back to that work I need to do before we go.

3 comments:

ChristineAnn said...

Okay, so this is the first time I've ever left a message on someone's blog before. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I've been reading your posts for quite some time now and am soooo overjoyed for you!!

Just wanted to mention that I have used a sling for both Corbin and Claire and LOVE it. The particular one I have is called "The Over the Shoulder Baby Holder". I know there are many different brands to choose from. Mine came with a video on all different positions to use so it can be used well into the toddler years. I've also had several different baby carriers, but still prefer the sling.

Blessings to you as you continue on this journey!
Love, Christine Westerkamp

Kate said...

The sling is a GREAT idea! And Holli is a great source of info too. Now you and Rob are just going to have to fight over who gets to wear her :)

I have an Ergo for Jesse now, although its not the same as a sling its another good alternative!

toddandholli said...

I had a lot of fun hanging out and I think Marin loved being your sling model. Have a safe fun trip to Russia and enjoy your slings.