Friday, May 16, 2008

all out of steam and ready to come home!

Hi all!

We had our medical appointment today - there was a bit of a scare because we had no documentation of one of the tests they wanted (it was not specifically listed on the forms we were asked to have our doctor sign) - but things seem to have resolved and they signed the needed paperwork.

We spent the afternoon checking out Moscow. I wish I had time to tell you all about it and post a bunch of pictures, but we are exhausted and we need to pack tonight still because we're getting picked up first thing in the morning. So here's the one photo you knew you'd be seeing from Moscow:



Also, it has been suggested to me that there may be a problem with posting the pictures of Meredith prior to court (i.e. the second trip) when we obtain parental rights. I am checking with my caseworker, as I know most families from our agency have set up similar websites including pictures prior to court - but if my caseworker tells me to take them down, I will be doing so. Just fair warning! Hopefully it is not an issue.

Please pray for a safe and timely 12-hour plane ride from Moscow to Atlanta tomorrow, as well as a short flight from there to Orlando. Big thanks to Nick and Betsy who are going to pick us up, give us to a place to sleep, and then drive us home on Sunday!

Next week I'll plan to post a couple times to give you some of the more travel-related parts of our experience like the food and sights. For now, it's packing and sleep!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your return so we can hear all about the trip and possibly see more pictures of Meredith. Travel safely!!

g said...

i have been following your story!.. an exciting one... Safe travels! looke forward to reading more of your story as we hope to one day adopt from Russia or Ukraine :)

Anonymous said...

HI Rob and Sarah! Meredith is beautiful! We look forward to meeting her. You are in our prayers. Lots of Love, Chris, Heidi Theo Evan and Jenna

Caprice said...

Safe travels. Colin, Moorea, and I cannot wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I'm in shock right now!! Praise the Lord!! Meredith will be a constant reminder that we serve a Great Lord! She's beautiful and all smiley and her cheeks are so cute I could just eat them up!

What a wonderfully crazy trip you all had. Can't wait to read more.

I love you all!