Monday, January 14, 2008

Wondering when this will speed up....

Well, today is the big day that the government in Russia comes back from vacation and back to work. I wish I had some confidence that today was the day that our documents would be submitted, but unfortunately we have never been told yet whether the document we sent (on Dec. 22) arrived and was obtained by our facilitator there. It had been sent to the wrong address, but we were told that the facilitator would probably be able to get it from there. Unfortunately, we've gotten no information from our agency since hearing from them before Christmas (when they let us know the correct address) and our attempts to communicate have been unsuccessful.

We decided to wait until today to re-send the document, as it is costing big bucks to FedEx it all the way to Siberia. It is now sent! This means we have a tracking number and it should arrive in 1-3 days (I'm guessing 3!). So even if they never got the first one we sent, this one should be successful in arriving at the correct destination. Then it is just a matter of our facilitator there putting it together with our other documents and submitting it to the Russian government.

Please pray for us. I'm really unhappy about the communication issues that are going on and I just want things to get moving! This coming weekend Rob and I are going out of town for a couple of days just to relax - hopefully our last vacation before the child arrives. If I remember, I'll try to post some pictures to the blog when we return!

4 comments:

junglemama said...

I hope you hear some awesome news soon! We are waiting to hear from immigration. Everywhere I look, it is one thing or another with adoption. We jsut have to trust that Ogd will get us there. :)

Sarah said...

We were told their facilitator is on vacation in Switzerland till the 18th.

FYI
-Sarah

Deb said...

Sounds like a big headache. I'm sorry your having such paperwork dilemas. Enjoy your vacation, sounds like you really need to get away.
I'll be praying that the communication gets better.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both. Hopefully by next year your kid will be enjoying a good round of N. American Christmas time brats. Jo-Jo's second Christmas was the first time she said "mine" and her third was the first time she ever hit her brother.

Blessings,
J