Sunday, October 21, 2007

oh the long,long wait

There's no news yet. We'll let you know when we hear anything at all.

You might be thinking, "Man, they have been waiting a long time." I agree with you. In fact, I've been noticing lately a very tangible measure of the length of our wait.

You may remember when I posted this photo in June 2006, after getting my hair cut:



Below is a picture of me today. Luckily, I am so lazy that I haven't gotten a haircut since June 2006, so we have a perfect measure of the "length" of the wait!




Before you say "Wow, Sarah, your hair grows fast!" let me tell you that it's grown about 9 inches in 16 months, which isn't much above average. It has just been a loooooong wait! Thanks for hanging in there with us.

6 comments:

FeeDee said...

I just came across your blog but I've got to tell you, we'll be praying for you and I hope these next two weeks go by fast for you. Hang in there and I can't wait for some good news! God bless you and your family.

Dede said...

I love that your hair length is a measure of your wait. That is so cool! I feel your pain, we have been waiting since our dossier went over in May 2006 but I've been cutting my hair every month so I only have gray ones to indicate our length of wait! ;-)

Miracle Balsitis said...

This is a great post. I am hoping and praying for you guys all the time. I think of you all the time. all the time. I hope that your hair doesn't get much longer. Not because you won't be lovely, but because it will mean that your referrals are here!

DeanaMarie said...

Wow, I remember that post! And, I remember the wait! It is tough to imagine that one day, the wait will be history. I can tell you that once you have the little one in your arms the wait will be forgotten. All the pains of doing and redoing paperwork, fingerprints, and homestudies will go out the window when you hold your new child.

I am praying for you! I cannot wait to see a picture of the little one for whom God has had you waiting so long! :)

matthew said...

One more inch and you can make another donation to Locks of Love... That is a long time to wait.

What is the average rate of hair growth? Mine has grown about an inch in the last six weeks.

If no one has told you yet: Your current hairstyle makes good "mommy hair" too. Hang in there. =)

Kate said...

I just laughed at those two hair length pictures- you guys are wonderful to have a sense of humor. We may not be in Gainesville anymore but I have definitely kept up with your blog and can't wait for the day when it has the news that you have been waiting SO long to hear! Kate Oates