Tuesday, September 25, 2007

one vacation and one family to go

I got an update from our agency. The first family that was ahead of us in line has gotten a referral of a child and has just returned from the first trip! This means just one more family ahead of us. However.....

(see if you can predict this)

.....the government official who arranges these referrals is, yes, going on vacation for 2 weeks. So it will be at least 2 weeks before that family receives a referral, and then we will be next. It's not clear how long the wait in-between will be, because there are other agencies also working in this region of Russia, so there are other families waiting as well. Where are we in the "overall" queue? Who knows.

Please pray for good news for us in the next month.

4 comments:

Tami said...

UGH! How frustrating! We'll be praying that your day will come very soon!

Deb said...

You're so close. I hope they move quick upon returning from vacation. Maybe they'll do 2 at once.

matthew said...

Hi Sarah,

Definitely didn't see that one coming. My straight-shooting side says, "I suppose people do go on vacation from time to time," but the more-sensitive side of me thinks, "What bizarre crap!" [My apologies, in advance, for the language.] You seem to be handling it well, though. =) Hang in there! Or rather, I hope you are able to do even greater than that... and thrive in the midst of it all.

WICarrie said...

Ah Sarah, Rob, hang in there.
Now that I'm in my own "waiting" phase (during which I get absolutely no news and there's absolutely nothing I can do to affect the process) I get asked nearly every day "so, how's the adoption coming?"--wonderful that they're asking, but also it emphasizes that I'm WAITING, just waiting, and I DON't have news, and I don't know how the process is going, and I don't know how old, or boy or girl or ANYTHING, and furthermore I WON't know any of these things until it happens. Is feeling powerless about something SO important to you good for the soul--making us more aware of our humbleness and reliance upon God's provision?
It WILL happen!