Monday, May 01, 2006

An Early Baby Shower!

While we are waiting for our invitation to travel (hopefully coming in the next few weeks!) our dear friend Burcin and roomie Sara Joy decided to throw me a baby shower!

It was a great mix of friends from my department and church. The guests had to be creative, since we don't know the gender or exact age of our child. I thought I'd post some pictures of my friends and of their clever gifts!

Here are SJ and Burcin getting ready!



The food was awesome: chocolate fondue and other goodies :) I may also be the only mommy-to-be to be able to drink sangria at my shower!




This food was less delicious, but a fun game (I got second place for correctly identifying unlabeled baby food).



Me and my girls :)



Present time!


I put one of my old dolls on this great snail rocker from Kristine:




Eve got me a beautiful baby scrapbook, and Krista got stickers to go with it...




...along with an adorable cow puppet (right). Mandy got us the finger puppets (left) and Lynne won the prize for the most creative gift with the Philosopher Puppets (middle)!



And Katie gave the gifts most appreciated by Rob!



I couldn't put everything here, but you get the idea. We SO appreciate people's generosity, creativity, and support in this adventure! Thanks for helping bring this whole thing to life day by day as we get ready to go. We'll update the blog as soon as we get our travel dates!

Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just the best!! It looks like so much fun - and the gifts really were so creative. What a neat bunch of people you have surrounded yourself with!! Isn't this just too, too exciting????!!!!
Love, Mom ( & Grandma)